Monday, November 12, 2012

Lucky's New Bench

Over six months ago, I picked up this bench that I posted about here.  It was a $2.99 Goodwill find:



I decided the stool would be great at the end of Lucky's bed, so I picked up some of this fabric from IKEA.

Lappljung Randig Fabric
$7.99/yd

I spray painted the stool base with Rustoleum's Heirloom White.  I replaced the cushion (which seemed to be a big pile of lint pressed together) with foam cushion that Bill picked up for me with a coupon for about $8.  (I so wish foam were cheaper!)

Here is the final product in Lucky's Room:




Cost Breakdown:
  • Stool $2.99
  • Fabric $4 for 1/2 yard
  • Foam: $8

Total: $15 for a custom stool:)!!

Linking up to Primitive & Proper.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I don't know how you get all those different fabrics to work together so nicely. I just can't do that ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has to do with color and scale. I just find fabrics that have the same colors in them, but have different patterns and scales. The bench fabric has a subtle stripe, the quilt has a large floral pattern and the headboard has a subtle smaller scale diamond pattern. I never really know if it's going to work until I put things all together:)!

      Delete
  2. her room is so fun and colorful and i love the fabric you found for the bench! colorful without being in your face!

    ReplyDelete