Friday, May 4, 2012

Hanger Happiness

After spending a week staring at three different colors of velvet hangers


and wanting to upgrade from the white plastic hangers we've been currently using

I saw this post by Carrie at Dream Green DIY which featured a closet using wooden hangers.  I loved the way it looked, so I quickly returned the velvet hangers (which would be a better choice if I had limited hanging areas for my clothing or if I had an enormous collection of clothing) and made a trip to IKEA for some Bumerang hangers.  I purchased 20 eight-packs of hangers for $80, and stumbled upon a $40 IKEA gift card in my wallet from awhile back...so it felt like I made the upgrade for a mere $40:). 



This upgrade was definitely not a 'necessary' upgrade.  The plastic hangers were working just fine.  Perhaps that was why I struggled for so long to make a color choice on the velvet hangers.  I didn't really love they way they looked (though they are very practical in certain closet situations), and I figure if I was going to spend money upgrading hangers, I wanted to really love them.  And now I do.  Here is a sneak peek (I'll do a full closet reveal in the near future.):

The tangled wires above Bill's shirts on the left side are from our bathroom tv and cable box that is mounted on the other side of the wall.  I'm trying to decide if and how I'll make it a little nicer up there:).  Cord control recommendations anyone?



And here's a before and after from my side of the closet:

Before:

After:


Before:



After:





I just love the new look.  I was joking with Bill that now my hangers are nicer than my clothing:).  Guess I have to do a little shopping, huh:)?

Have a super weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Your hanger upgrade looks fabulous!!! Glad to help inspire you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    We are very interested in talking to you about your home interiors blogging. My colleague has sent you a private email. Hopefully you'll get it (check your spam folder if you don't!) and would be so kind to get back to us.

    Many regards,

    Michael.

    ReplyDelete