Thursday, July 7, 2011

More Fun with Chalk for Mr. Charm!!

This past weekend we took this $2.99 Goodwill globe:



And turned it into this for Charm's room:



It's a chalkboard globe. 

We used Krylon's primer on it first and then used Krylon's chalkboard spray paint that I picked up a long time ago.  And by 'we', I mean Bill did all the spraying.  I put the painter's tape on, and then Bill did the rest.  What a guy!!

I had seen images of this idea in a Pottery Barn catalog awhile back, and I've always wanted to give it a try.  We used an old globe that had definitely seen better days.  The funny part about it is that you can still see/feel the topography from its former life as a real globe.  I love that part about it!  I also like that I can write messages to my sweet Charmbo.  The other side of the globe reads 'I Heart U' right now.

We've got many things in the works for Charm's room...but I'm being held up as I search for some fabrics for curtains and other things:)!  Hopefully, I'll be able to do another update soon!!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out lovely! I've seen this somewhere online before too and didn't want to forget about it. Great idea! And perfect for kid's rooms! Hopefully I'll get as lucky as you and find a globe cheap somewhere!

    ReplyDelete