Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lucky's Latest Dress

 I decided to spend a few minutes on the sewing machine last night.  Thirty-four minutes to be exact.  I had picked up some of this fabric at Hancock Fabrics for about $3 on clearance awhile back and I saw it sitting in my fabric pile, waiting to be turned into a dress:

(I forgot to take a true 'before' picture, so there is actually one side seam in the fabric already in this picture.)

Before Lucky went to bed, I took some quick measurements and then I made a side hem and a top and bottom hem in the wrong order.  The next time, I will do the top and bottom hems first, and then the side hem...whoops.  I had a reason for doing the side hem first, but it is too boring to explain.  Anyway, I also made two straps that can either be tied behind Lucky's neck, or I may sew them to the back of the dress for true spaghetti straps.



Here is what was waiting on Lucky's door when she got up in the morning:

And when Lucky me up for the day at 5:48 am, here is what she had already put on
'all by her big girl self':




She even paired the dress with a pair of white capri leggings.  She loves layering clothing!  And I love that she is wearing something I made, even if the fabric is so easy to work with, anyone could make this dress!  I'll be looking for more fabric like this the next time I'm in a fabric store.  Maybe Lucky and I will sport matching dresses someday:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment