Friday, May 27, 2011

Time to Make a Switch (and Memorial Day Sale Shopping)

Here's a picture of our loft:
I decided that the round clock that was living in our loft area would look great in Lucky's room, so I needed to track down a new clock for the loft area.  Here is what I found at Goodwill:


It was a brand new clock from Target that originally retailed for $49.99.  (It's still available online at Target through this link.) I scored it for $6.99!!  Here it is hanging up in the loft area:


It's a little funky and fun.  I like it!

And here is the round clock in Lucky's room:


 And for a little more perspective, here is how the entire wall looks like currently:
Left side of window: photo hanging metal scroll.
Right side of window: round clock.

I picked up this metal scroll piece at Pier 1 awhile back with a 20% off coupon making it $8.  I first saw it at Copy Cat Chic here.





Can you sense that we're getting close to finishing up this room?

P.S. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  It's a fantastic shopping weekend with sales galore...Old Navy has a storeful of finds right now with basic t-shirts on sale for $3 each and an additional 50% off clearance prices at some stores.  I may have checked it out last night, and I may have gotten a dress or two and a t-shirt or two:).  (I'm usually not so clothes happy.  I go in phases.  I probably won't buy any new clothes now until the fall.)  Also, Children's Place is doing an additional 40% off reduced prices.  Swim shoes are on sale for $6/pair, even the really nice big girl ones that are normally $19.95.  I also may have stopped there and picked up a pair of shoes or two.  And a hat or two. 

That's it.  Have a wonderful long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment