Friday, April 29, 2011

Who? Who? Who Spent $20 Last Night and Saved Nearly $50?

Me!  These guys came home with me and cost me just under $20 buckaroos:
I bought three items.  The first is still in a box and has to be put together.  It's a rolling printer cart with a small top drawer and a file drawer.  It was part of the big Target furniture clearance that started yesterday, and was 75% off = $14.98. 

I've decided I'm going to try a new couponing system that involves file folders and only clipping the coupons that I plan on using.  I'm hoping this will take less time and be more efficient for me.  I stumbled upon Rachael's blog Total $avings and she describes this system really well here.  While, I have a perfectly functioning desk with file drawers and even a lateral file, the ability to be mobile with my coupon station is really appealing to me.  It can live in our office, but come out and play with the kiddos in the play room or our family room as well, depending on the day.  We'll see how it goes.  For $15, I'm willing to give it a go.  I can always fall back to my current technique, which involves 4 plastic pocket files and works well for me, but is time consuming.  I do want to try to streamline the process,  however.  Time = Money.  (Tyme = Money.  Do they still have Tyme Machines anywhere?  I think it's a Wisconsin thing, because they don't have them here.)  Here's hoping it works!

I also picked up a couple cheap accessories for Lucky's room.  I found a hook with the letter 'L' on it.  I love typography, so Lucky will have lots of 'L decor' in her room.  I especially love this hook.  It's perfectly imperfect, and was $1.99 at TJ Maxx. 

Finally, I found this owl at Pier 1 Imports.  It was 50% off = $2.88, and was actually part of their Easter Clearance sale.  Lucky and I have a thing for owls, so it had to come home with me:). 

Cost Summary
Rolling File Cart: $14.98
L Hook: $1.99
Owl: $2.88
Grand Total = $19.85

Savings Summary
Rolling Cart (75% off): $45 savings
L Hook: $1 savings from 'compare at' price
Owl (50% off): $2.88 savings
Total Saved = $48.88

No comments:

Post a Comment