Friday, April 1, 2011

The Long Awaited Aisling Reveal!

I'm giddy excited!  We just got the bed put together and dressed up for a photo shoot.

As a reminder, here is the before:

 The During (about 1.5 hours):


Thanks Sweetie!!

And After:

Before the Lamp Switcheroo:

And After the Lamp Switcheroo:
Dramatic Difference!

More After Pictures:



 And the areas of the room that are still a work in progress (aside from the too tall nightstands):
I'd like to add some curtains on this set of windows to soften things up a bit.


These chairs will be heading up to the North Woods to live with their chair siblings at my parents lake house.  I'm hoping to find a fun, vintage chair to reupholster.  And I want to paint the table white and find a new lamp for this space.

This wall is blank.  It needs something.  I'm not sure what yet.

This little alcove is at the entrance of our master bedroom.  Our master bedroom doorway is at the end of a long hallway.  The alcove is also empty.  I'd like to stencil the alcove and add a picture montage, since we won't be getting a ginormous family picture framed anytime soon (I think that is what the space was made for originally.  I also think that it's funny that the eyeball light on the ceiling is lighting up a blank wall right now.)

This area needs some work.  A friend came up with the idea of adding built-in shelving here.  I love the idea of white, simple floating shelves.  Future project here with a capital FUTURE.

As for a cost breakdown for the room so far:
Ms. Aisling, the bed: $656.95
Bedding from Menards: $14.99
Fuzzy pillow from JCPenney: $8.89
Two brown pillows on bed (Target scores a while back for $4.98 each)= $9.96
Lamp bases and shades: $32.48
Total: $723.27

Let's see what I can do with the remaining funds ($276.83) leftover from the sale of BBB!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I think your new bed is beautiful--love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Altho I loved your BBB, I can feel the difference in this room with your new bed. It is much lighter and does give you lots of options for introducing other color themes in future. This is a perfect match for you.

    ReplyDelete